At Balanced Healthstyles, we always welcome new experts and voices to our community.
We seek out writers, creators of delicious food and podcast guests who have diverse expertise in many niches of health and wellness. We also love hearing about wellness journeys and publish powerful, transformative personal stories about health, wellness, fitness nutrition and mindset.
If you have knowledge or a story to share, please reach out to us. If your submission is accepted you will work with our highly skilled team of editors to sharpen and polish your work.
Read all the guidelines of submission carefully as incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Terms and Use of All Website and Content Submissions
By submitting content for publishing on any site or platform owned by Balanced Healthstyles (“Company”, “we”, “us” or “Publisher”). , you agree to be bound by the terms of the Content Agreement set forth below.
Individual submitting content for consideration and publishing (“Author”, or “Contributor”)
The Author agrees to grant, Balanced Healthstyles hereafter called the “Publisher,” the right to publish and share the content on our platforms, including, but not limited to, the Balanced Healthstyles blog, website and other media. The Author grants permission for the Article to remain on the Balanced Healthstyles website indefinitely. The Publisher will identify the Author as the contributor of the Article or post.
Submission Rules and Guidelines
- All content including written copy and images must belong to you under copyright laws in order to submit content for publishing
- Content cannot make unsubstantiated health claims. Cite credible sources when applicable and include a link with your submission
- The Author affirms that he or she is the sole author and proprietor of the Article; that the Author has full power and authority to sign this Agreement; that the Article is not in the public domain; and that the Article does not infringe any statutory or common law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party.
By Submitting your work to Balanced Healthstyles
- The Author gives the Publisher copyrights and permission to repurpose the article in full or use a portion to create posts on platforms to promote the content.
- The Author gives the Publisher permission to include the content as part of free and paid programs offered by Balanced Healthstyles.
- Balanced Healthstyles reserves the right to not publish or unpublish any content that goes against these guidelines or the standards of our website or platforms without notice to the author.
- The Author grants the Publisher the right to edit or abridge the Article at their discretion, and to select a title and appropriate art to appear with the Article. It is the intention of Balanced Healthstyles to not change the meaning or content of the Article. Our editing concerns revolve mostly around accurate usage, spelling, punctuation and grammar. It may be necessary to edit for length to fit available space, or to abbreviate when sharing to multiple platforms across our domains.
- The Author agrees not to publish a duplicate of this work elsewhere
- For Recipe submissions
- While you can’t republish this same content elsewhere you can republish your recipe (ie the ingredients and instructions).
- No other part of your recipe post can be republished.
- The nutritional information, macros, hand portions and my fitness pal scan code are added with software licensed to Balanced Healthstyles and cannot be included with any republished recipe.
- For Blog Submissions
- While you can’t republish this same content elsewhere you can write a different article on the same subject to publish on other sites
- You are encouraged to write a blog post that announces your article's publication on Balanced Healthstyles, providing the title and a link, along with the "As Seen On Balanced Healthstyles" Badge
- For Recipe submissions
- The Author agrees to hold the Publisher harmless from any loss, damage or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or for the purpose of avoiding any suit, proceeding claim or demand for settlement that may be brought against the Publisher by reason of the publication or distribution of the Article, based on the contents of the Article.
Article Submission Guidelines
- Optimal length of 750-1250 words for pillar content, or 350-500 words for a recipe mini-blog.
- On-topic and unique content
- No sales promotion/self-promotion
- Article reflects the writing style/tone of the Balanced Healthstyles brand. We talk to our audience in a casual and informative way.
- Source all health claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, include a link to that source. If you claim a certain food is healthy, tell us how you know. Use links to peer-reviewed scientific papers and academic journals. (Put relevant links in brackets next to the claim/statement.)
- Include high-quality images, videos, gifs or any other visual content
- Include a short bio (50 words) with your headshot so we can properly credit you
- Please submit the article in an editable Google Doc. Upload the additional files (e.g. images) to Google Folder or provide downloadable links
- Once the article is published, feel free to share it with your community and network
- No links, other than to cite health information, can be included in the article
- The content must be original and previously unpublished elsewhere
- Break up the text into short paragraphs, aim for no more than 5-6 sentences
- The article will be SEO-optimized, with keywords in title, content and headers (H2, H3, etc). Content creators will be provided keyword guidance based on the current research, but Balanced Healthstyles staff reserves final editorial discretion
- Once you submit your post to Balanced Healthstyles, you cannot re-post the article on your website or other sources
- Balanced Healthstyles team reserves the right to make edits, remove the content, or change it in any way. We also reserve the right to include calls-to-action to Balanced Healthstyles content
Recipe Submission Guidelines
Recipes must be your rendition and Include:
- Time to prep and cook
- Number of servings
- Easily available ingredients
- Equipment needed
Include a photo of the actual recipe
We reserve the right to use or not use the photo depending on quality and space. By sending photographs to the editor, the author warrants that he or she has obtained permission for publication from the persons shown in the photograph and authorizes Balanced Healthstyles to publish the image in its blog, on its website at http://www.balancedhealthstyles.com, on any Balanced Healthstyles platforms or in other publications.
Photography Submission Guidelines
Photographs of children under age 18 who are identifiable require a Depiction Release signed by a parent or guardian. Balanced Healthstyles will keep your submission and the signed Submission Agreement form on file.
Content Submission Procedures for Balanced Healthstyles
Balanced Healthstyles does not compensate financially for any content submitted for publishing. But in the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson, “It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself.” Our gift to you is to provide platforms where you can gain visibility by sharing your content across our platforms. Thank you for contributing to making this world a healthier, happier place.
How To Submit Guest Content?
Please fill out the form or application(s) using the links below
Be a guest on the podcast - COMING SOON
Note, that we’ll be in touch only if we’re interested in your article and it aligns with our content strategy. We receive a lot of guest posts and applications, and we’re only able to contact those whose articles have been accepted.
If your article is chosen for publication, you will be contacted with a publication date.
Podcast Terms and Conditions
You Will Be Responsible for Any Harm We Suffer as a Result of Your Violation of These Site Terms or Any Breach by You of Your Representations and Warranties
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Balanced Healthstyles and its affiliates, and their respective members, directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation by you of these Site Terms or any breach by you of your representations and warranties hereunder. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled.
In such an event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.